We like to share with you our recipes that we believe show off our products. Our olive and lemon couscous is simple and a great way to serve some simple olives and infused olive oil.
The area of Vallecorsa in the Ausoni Mountains just south of Rome, is renowned for growing some of the best olives in Italy, from which is produced some of the best extra virgin olive oil in the country.
We have created a number of recipes which really show off the simplicity of olives. This one for Olive and lemon couscous works really well with the olives and chili. In fact, we showcased this recipe at The Ancient Olive in Winter Park, Florida with such success, we decided that we should share it with everyone!
Olive and Lemon Couscous – serves 2
- 8 oz mixed olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh fennel leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups pearl couscous (cooked according to instructions)
- 1/4 cup The Ancient Olive lemon infused olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 small bunch fresh, Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Once the couscous is cooked, while it is still hot, add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to 1 hour before serving.