How to make roasted beet spaghetti with ricotta
Who can resist a colorful dish like this roasted beet spaghetti with ricotta. Just look at it!
Beetroot, also known as ‘beets’, are one of the most interesting vegetables. They have garnered a great deal of interest due to their amazing health benefits. Beets are loaded with vitamin C, B-6, iron and potassium and you can find out more The World Healthiest Foods.
So without further ado, add this recipe to your family favorites!
Roasted beet spaghetti with ricotta – Serves 4 – 6
- 500 grams Pasta Nostra beetroot spaghetti (special order if not in stock)
- 1 handful beetroot leaves, (stems included)
- 500 grams ricotta cheese
- 4 medium beetroots, topped and tailed
- 8 cloves granulated garlic, skins on
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Finest extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 – 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt and ground pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and grated peel
- 1 handful basil leaves, plus extra for serving
- 125 ml grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 125 ml warm water
- Preheat oven to 360ºC.
- Halve beetroots and place on a sheet of foil with garlic.
- Drizzle with a glug of olive oil and vinegar and season.
- Wrap in foil and roast for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove beetroot peels and squeeze out garlic pulp.
- Place in a blender with remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth.
- Season well.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Add beetroot leaves 1 – 2 minutes before end of cooking time.
- Drain, reserving a little cooking liquid. Toss pasta and leaves with sauce.
- Crumble ricotta over pasta.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan.