Pappardelle with shrimp with lemongrass, is the perfect dish as a starter (secondi), or as a main dish. It is really easy to put this special dish together.
Pappardelle with shrimp and lemongrass – serves 4
- 1/2 lb fresh or dried pappardelle
- fine sea salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for coating the pasta
- 2 Tbsp minced lemongrass, white part only
- 4 shallots, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced chives for garnish
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the 2 tablespoons of oil and swirl to coat the bottom. When the oil is hot, add the lemongrass, shallots and garlic and sauté, stirring, for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large, tall pan, cook the pappardelle in lightly salted water.
- Add the shrimp and sauté until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest and juice.
- When cooked to ‘al dente’, lift the pappardelle from the water into the pan with the shrimp.
- Toss to combine. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. If the mixture seems dry, add as much of the reserved pasta water, starting with 2 tablespoons, as needed.
- Add the butter, stir, and transfer to 4 individual serving plates.
- Garnish with the chives and serve.