Pizzaiola sauce for pasta
Pizzaiola sauce is traditionally served poured over a good quality, grilled steak. However, this is also a great sauce for meat, fish or simply over your favorite pasta.
Pizzaiola sauce – approximately 10 oz
- 10 oz ripened tomatoes or 10 oz of canned chopped tomatoes
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of dried oregano
- pinch of marjoram
- 6 large basil leaves, roughly torn
- If you use fresh tomatoes, roughly chop them. Place them in a pan with the garlic, oil, oregano and marjoram. Stir it all together and check the seasoning adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring it once or twice.
- Remove from the heat and add the basil just before you are ready to serve.
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)