Savory baked ricotta with cherry tomatoes
Savory baked ricotta is an Italian favorite for outdoor eating and you can serve it hot or chilled.
You may need to drain your ricotta overnight in the fridge. Some brands of ricotta can be sloppy. You will need to remove as much of the liquid as you can to achieve the best result.
You can adapt this recipe for savory baked ricotta and choose different toppings and herb combinations.
Savory baked ricotta with cherry tomatoes – Serves 4 – 6
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 50g/2oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 300g/10oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 small to medium clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus some extra for drizzling
- 6 medium eggs
- 500g whole milk ricotta
- 200ml creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the oven to 200C/395F.
- Butter an ovenproof baking dish approximately 36x24cm and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan.
- Toss the tomatoes with the garlic, olive oil and season. Tip onto a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until softened.
- Mix the eggs and ricotta in a food processor until blended. Put in a bowl and stir in the creme fraiche and half of the thyme. Add a little salt.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture into the baking dish, scatter with the tomatoes and remaining thyme. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes until set.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)