Spaghetti with lemon and goats cheese – The flavor of fresh goats cheese has a little zing to it which marries well with a lemon or lime.
The recipe for spaghetti with lemon and goats cheese, was inspired by those lovely lemons you see growing in Italy, in particular those kissed by the sun and growing in Gourmet Gabriella‘s garden overlooking the bay of Gaeta, Italy.
The technique for making Spaghetti with lemon and goats cheese is very similar to that for making Fettuccine Alfredo. The joyful flavors that result in this dish are as a result of simple yet fresh ingredients. It only takes a few minutes to bring this meal to the table and if you are lucky enough to be able to gather a lemon from your garden to achieve it, then by all means do – oh, and please invite us for dinner!
Lemon spaghetti with lemon and goats cheese – Serves 2
- 1/2 lb Pasta Nostra USA spaghetti
- Zest of 1 small to medium lemon
- Juice of 1/2 small to medium lemon
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First of all, prepare the ingredients for the sauce. In a large bowl, add the zest, lemon juice, goats cheese, olive oil, pinch of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix it together into a creamy consistency.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 4 – 5 minutes unless you are using another brand of pasta, then follow the instructions for timing.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add it directly into the cheese mix together with a 1/2 ladle of the hot pasta water.
- Using a fork in each hand, toss it all together until the pasta is covered in the lemon cheese sauce adding more pepper or salt as required.