If you have some leftover rice, this baked zucchini with rice is the perfect dish to use that up and enjoy a very quick and simple dish.
Baked zucchini with rice – serves 4 – 6
- 200 g Boiled rice
- 3 Zucchini
- 40 g Grated salted ricotta (or parmesan)
- 50 ml Milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 Fresh spring onion
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh marjoram
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the spring onion and cut it into slices. Wash the zucchini, remove the ends and cut them into slices. Fry them in oil and a little salt in a pan for 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the grated ricotta (or parmesan) and the milk.
- Add the boiled rice, sautéed zucchini, marjoram leaves and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a round pan and bake at 180 C/360 F for about 25 minutes or until the surface is golden brown.
- Serve sliced warm or at room temperature.