Bacon bread for your next breakfast!
You will need some frozen bread dough for your bacon bread!! Make sure you have some of that stored away in the freezer and you can whip up this bacon bread before everyone has a chance to say “something smells nice”. No one is going to want to miss a slice of this as part of their family breakfast.
Alternatively, you could prepare your bacon bread for brunch or toast it to make a sandwich, serve it on the side or as part of a party buffet. Delizioso!!
Bacon bread: serves 4 – 6
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels.
- Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.
FROM: Hillbilly Recipes
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)