How to make bacon, mushroom and pesto penne
Bacon and pesto are a match made in heaven. Bring it all together with some mushrooms and penne and you have a delicious meal.
Bacon, mushroom and pesto penne – serves 4
- 400 g penne pasta
- 250 g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 rashers bacon, sliced
- 4 tablespoons pesto alla Genovese
- 200 mils crème fraîche or sour cream
- handful of basil leaves, roughly torn
- Cook the pasta as directed on the packaging, to al dente.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon and mushrooms together in the same pan, until golden – about 5 minutes.
- Lift the pasta from the water and add to the bacon and mushrooms. Stir everything to combine. Add some of the pasta water to help loosen the pasta. Add the pesto and crème fraîche. Stir to combine
- Serve sprinkled with the basil.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)