Baked potato gnocchi tomato gratin
Baked potato gnocchi tomato gratin is a great way to serve your gnocchi baked. A delicious meal thanks to the creaminess of our creamy herb and white wine sauce which helps to smooth the flavor of the tomato sauce. And that golden crust will have them delving in for more. Perfect for lunch or dinner for the whole the family,
It’s impossible to resist a plate of potato gnocchi tomato gratin. With these baked gnocchi, success at the table is guaranteed with both children and adults, especially if you make them with fresh good quality potato gnocchi or, even better, if you make them at home.
Baked potato gnocchi tomato gratin – serves 4 – 6
- 2 lb (800 g) of potato gnocchi
- 250 ml of Pasta Nostra USA creamy herb and white wine sauce
- 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 oz (40 g) full flavored provolone or sharp Cheddar
- To make the tomato gnocchi au gratin you can opt for good quality gnocchi bought ready or prepare them at home following our recipe . Bring plenty of salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °.
- Meanwhile pour the cream sauce with the tomato sauce into a pan . Add a knob of butter, salt and freshly ground pepper and let it warm over low heat.
- Grease a baking dish and spread a couple of spoonfuls of the prepared sauce on the bottom.
- Cook the gnocchi in the boiling water and when they start to come to the surface, fish them out with a slotted spoon and place them in the baking dish alternating layers of sauce and gnocchi.
- Sprinkle the top layer with grated cheese. Tap the pan a few times to distribute the gnocchi evenly.
- Bake under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese melts and turns a nice, golden brown.
- Serve immediately.