Potato gnocchi with bacon and spinach
It’s really difficult to look at a dish like Potato Gnocchi with Bacon & Spinach in Tomato
Cream Sauce and not feel hungry!
Pasta Nostra USA has endeavored to make your mealtimes as simple as possible. You can bring your dish of potato gnocchi with bacon and spinach to the table within 20 minutes or less and that includes the time it takes to boil the water.
Gnocchi is a rich and filling dish that will have your family wishing you had made more. It’s definitely a keeper recipe.
Potato gnocchi with bacon and spinach in cream sauce – serves 4
- 1 lb (450g) potato gnocchi
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots or 1 small red onion, minced
- Red chili pepper flakes to taste, optional
- ½ cup Pasta Nostra San Marzano sauce
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ cup Pasta Nostra Creamy Herb sauce
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 2 cup fresh spinach
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook gnocchi until they float to the surface. Drain immediately and set aside without covering.
- In the meantime, saute the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove to a plate and discard the extra fat but keep the brown bits.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, saute minced shallot (or onion) in one tablespoon butter until fragrant. Add gnocchi and gently brown them on all sides for 5 minutes. Season lightly with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and red crushed chili pepper, if using.
- Add the San Marzano sauce and cook for one minute, then stir in the stock.
- Bring sauce to a low boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes, add cream sauce and grated parmesan and cook for one-minute stirring continuously.
- Stir in spinach, let it wilt, and add bacon back to the skillet. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately, garnish with basil leaves and garnish with grated parmesan.