How to make carrot and coconut cake
This recipe for carrot and coconut cake is an inspiration!
A drop of sunshine and this is cake makes quite the statement as a dessert on a summer picnic table. It is very moist, colourful and therefore … dangerous!!
Thanks to Simply Scratch for making it possible.
Carrot and coconut cake
Ingredients for cake
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (200 g) sugar
- 1 cup (235 mls) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (145 g) shredded carrots
- 10 ounces crushed, fresh pineapple in juice
- 1 cup (70 g) shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces (250 g) cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons (60 g) butter
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and gradually add sugar.
- Continue beating and add oil and vanilla.
- Add carrots, pineapple, and coconut.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Icing:
- Soften cheese and butter.
- Beat well.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat again.
- Spread on cooled cake.
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)