Cream cheese and chive mashed potatoes
Cream cheese and chive mashed potatoes: We love mashed potatoes and make no secret of it. In fact, we often make more than we need just to be able to graze on it while preparing a meal. Also, to make sure we have some left over.
It’s the cream cheese and butter that really makes this recipe for cream cheese and chive mashed potatoes really special … enjoy!
Cream cheese and chive mashed potato: Serves 4 (or just me)
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 2 – 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 good handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- Peel and cut the potatoes into like sized pieces.
- Place the potatoes and salt into a large saucepan with enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 18 – 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and keep them in the saucepan.
- Let them stand for 5 minutes to release steam.
- Add the butter and parsley then mash the potatoes by hand.
- Add the milk (or cream) a little at a time and continue mashing until the potatoes are creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)