How to make green tomato salsa: There is always something to sample at The Farm during the time that the market is open. This particular day, it was Diane who came up with the goodies and created this wonderful green tomato salsa.
This salsa is a winner! Perfect for a party or family snack. Did you know that salsa is known as America’s favourite condiment and since the year 2,000 has overtaken ketchup for this coveted honor. It is usually made with ripe tomatoes but green tomatoes have a distinctive and more subtle tomato flavour that is very different from their ripened brethren.
Diane’s green tomato salsa was polished off very quickly and so is guaranteed to WOW those you feed it too.
Green tomato salsa: Serves up to 12
- 1 dozen medium sized green tomatoes
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 good handful of fresh cilantro
- Zest and juice of 2 medium limes
- 2 medium sized jalapenos
- Salt and pepper
- Steam or place the tomatoes into hot water to loosen the peel enough to remove.
- Once the tomatoes are peeled, add them with all the other ingredients to a processor and pulse until you have reached your desired texture – either smooth or chunky.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.