Delicious fresh homemade basil vinaigrette: Our delicious fresh basil vinaigrette is better made fresh and served the same day. Which is what makes it DELICIOUS!
This vinaigrette is an extremely versatile dressing and is fabulous tossed into a simple salad or even more complex salads with mixed greens, vegetables and fruits. Possibly the most delicious way of all is to gather a few sun-warmed tomatoes, slice them open then drizzle them in our fresh basil vinaigrette. You will think you have died and gone to culinary heaven!
Use either purple or the more familiar green basil. We used purple basil which has a lightly liquorice flavour that will go well with a fresh fennel salad.
Ingredients for fresh basil vinaigrette: Makes up to 120 mls
- 60 mls red wine vinegar
- 155 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Place all of the ingredients into a sterilized, lidded jar.
- Give it all a good shake and allow it to rest for up to 2 hours after which it will be ready to serve.