Fresh, homemade linguine with tomato and black olives
Fresh, homemade linguine with tomato and black olives: After a busy day at The Farm, we don’t want to be fussing over food. So this very speedy pasta dish is just the ticket!
Pasta dishes served up in Italy are often very, very simple and very, very quick to prepare. Just as they do in Italy, we started to boil the water and began making the sauce. Preparing your pasta dishes in this way will help with timing and when you bring it altogether it will be perfect for serving.
Linguine with tomato and black olives – Serves 2
- 8 – 9 ounces (250 grams) The Big Dream Factory’s fresh, homemade linguine Italiano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium – large clove garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 small red chili, finely chopped
- 5 – 10 black olives
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh Rockledge Gardens thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces (50 grams) butter
- Warm the oil with the garlic over a medium to high heat for 1 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chili, olives, salt and pepper and lower the heat to medium.
- Continue to cook the tomatoes for 2 minutes, then stir in the butter.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the linguine as directed on the packaging, checking for doneness after 30 seconds.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce.
- Toss to combine then serve topped with fresh thyme.