Beetroot and balsamic purée with mozzarella over beetroot linguine: If you are a lover of pickled beetroot then this recipe is for you. Using fresh beetroot twinned with balsamic vinegar really picks this plate up.
When the beets are bursting forth and here at The Big Dream Factory, we LOVE ’em! The vibrant colours of beets are a culinary delight and totally irresistible to The Pasta Maker. Beetroot (as the are called in Britain) can be red, purple and golden. The expert growers at The Farm are organically growing the whole spectrum!
What we have here for you is a great idea from The Pasta Maker for utilizing your beets which are full of folate, manganese, potassium, Vitamin K and Vitamin C. We have simply steamed and pureed them, added them to pasta dough and saved some of that delicious purée to combine with your cooked pasta.
Beetroot and balsamic puree wit mozzarella over beetroot linguine: Serves 4
- 1 lb (500 grams) The Big Dream Factory’s Roasted Beetroot and Balsamic Linguine
- 2 – 3 medium beets
- 4 ounces (100 grams) fresh mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- First roast off your beetroot: preheat the oven to 365F/185C.
- Wash, top and tail your beetroot then place them in a deep roasting tray. Cover with foil tightly and place in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove beetroot from the oven, remove the foil and when cool enough to handle, remove the skins.
- Pulse the beetroot in a processor with 3 tablespoons of balsamic glaze until you have a rough purée, then set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil and add a little of the beetroot to the water. This will help the pasta keep its colour.
- Cook the beetroot linguine to al dente, drain quickly and toss with the beetroot purée and fresh mozzarella.
- Portion onto 4 serving dishes and drizzle each plate with 1 tablespoon of balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.