How to make kale slaw – coleslaw
Kale Slaw: There are many great ideas for using kale and this recipe for kale slaw (or coleslaw), is one of them.
Diane’s kale coleslaw (or slaw) was freshly prepared for everyone to try and was a great success. All of the vegetables were freshly picked, chopped and combined with a classic sweet honey and lemon vinaigrette that complimented the greens superbly!
Many people ask us what the ratio is of oil to lemon juice or vinegar when making a vinaigrette. It is 3 of oil to 1 of lemon juice. Give it all a good shake before adding your seasoning and honey, tasting as you go until you reach your preferred flavour.
Ingredients for the kale slaw:
- Toscano kale
- Bok choi
- Parmesan cheese, grated
For the vinaigrette:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice and zest
- Salt and pepper
- First clean and dry all of the vegetables.
- Remove the stem of the kale and discard then slice the remainder of the leaf into thin ribbons.
- Slice the bok choi into thin ribbons.
- Thinly slice the radish and scallions.
- Combine all of the vegetables in large salad bowl with the Parmesan cheese.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a lidded jar and give it all a good shake. At the point that you are ready to serve your slaw, pour over the vinaigrette.
- Toss everything thoroughly to ensure all the vegetables are covered in the vinaigrette.