Bring the colours, scents and flavours of summer together with this wonderful melon and prosciutto pasta salad.
Many of us have learned that melon and prosciutto are a match made in heaven so it would seem to be perfectly doable to add some great pasta to the mix!
Melon and prosciutto pasta salad – serves 4
- 320 grams (11 oz) Pasta Nostra Armoniche or fusilli pasta
- 1 medium to large honey dew melon
- 3 ounces / 100 grams prosciutto divided into small pieces
- 1 small bunch of arugula, cleaned dried and separated into small pieces
- 6 ounces / 200 grams Fresh mozzarella, divided into small pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon infused balsamic vinegar
- First, cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted water. Drain and cool the pasta under cold running water. Allow it to drain some more then add it to a large mixing bowl. Toss in a little oil and salt.
- Clean the melon: remove the ends, cut open and remove the seeds. Then remove the peel and divide the melon into small cubes, you could also use a melon baller.
- Bring all of the ingredients together, check the seasoning, cover and chill before serving.