Melon and prosciutto pasta salad
Bring the colours, scents and flavours of summer together with this wonderful melon and prosciutto pasta salad.
Many of us have learned that melon and prosciutto are a match made in heaven so it would seem to be perfectly doable to add some great pasta to the mix!
Melon and prosciutto pasta salad – serves 4
- 320 grams (11 oz) Pasta Nostra Armoniche or fusilli pasta
- 1 medium to large honey dew melon
- 3 ounces / 100 grams prosciutto divided into small pieces
- 1 small bunch of arugula, cleaned dried and separated into small pieces
- 6 ounces / 200 grams Fresh mozzarella, divided into small pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon infused balsamic vinegar
- First, cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted water. Drain and cool the pasta under cold running water. Allow it to drain some more then add it to a large mixing bowl. Toss in a little oil and salt.
- Clean the melon: remove the ends, cut open and remove the seeds. Then remove the peel and divide the melon into small cubes, you could also use a melon baller.
- Bring all of the ingredients together, check the seasoning, cover and chill before serving.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)