Often you don’t want to be stood in the kitchen for too long while the weather is calling you to get outside. Rigatoni pasta salad with asparagus and Parmesan can be prepared in just a few minutes.
We suggest that you make extra and plan to make your pasta salad in advance then keep it in the fridge.
Rigatoni pasta salad with asparagus and Parmesan sits in the most simple of all Italian salad dressings made up of olive oil, lemon and salt. Perfect for a warm sunny day or warm evening shared among friends.
Feel free to change the pasta for rice for yet another amazing way to enjoy a salad.
Rigatoni pasta salad with asparagus and Parmesan – Serves 4
- 400 grams (14 oz) Pasta Nostra rigatoni
- 300 grams (11 oz) Fresh asparagus
- 100 grams (4 oz) of Parmesan cheese
- Juice and zest of 1 medium lemon;
- Vallecorsa extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the asparagus, snapping off the ends. Blanch in boiling, lightly salted water for 5 minutes. Remove to chilled water and allow to drain.
- Cut the asparagus into 3 pieces and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, a pinch of salt and an appropriate amount of extra virgin olive oil considering that you have to dress the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salt water, drain and cool under cold running water. Drain again then add the pasta to the asparagus.
- Add the Parmesan and mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill in the fridge for up to 2 days.