Gigli campanelle pasta zucchini and tuna salad: Gigli (also known as ‘campanelle’), zucchini and tuna pasta salad is a beautifully light salad, perfect for warm summer days and nights.
Gigli pasta is one of the best pastas for making pasta salad because it has large surface area and lots of little areas where oils, mayonnaises and salad dressings can settle.
Gigli campanelle zucchini and tuna pasta salad – serves 4 – 6
- 7ounces / 200 grams Pasta Nostra fresh lemon gigli pasta for salad
- 7 ounces / 200 grams of courgettes
- 7 ounces / 200 grams tuna in oil or water
- Juice and zest of 1 small to medium lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon infused balsamic vinegar
- Wash the zucchini well, remove the two ends and cut them first in 4 pieces long and then into cubes.
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil and cook the pasta as directed on the packaging. Halfway through, add the zucchini to the water and continue cooking until the pasta and zucchini are cooked. Drain and pour both of them under the tap water (cold, of course) in order to avoid the pasta cooking further.
- Drain both the pasta and zucchini then add them to a mixing bowl with the ‘undrained’ tuna, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Before serving, check the seasoning, adding more salt if necessary.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge, covered, for up to 2 days.