If you love mojito, then you will gravitate to the idea of our mojito chicken kebabs. However, if you have never had a mojito, then this dish may be a great place to start.
The combination of mint, lime and rum is quite refreshing, making this dish of mojito chicken kebabs a welcome site on a sunny table.
Mojito chicken kebabs – serves 4 – 6
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium red onions
- Lime wedges and mint for serving
- Preheat grill to medium to high.
- Combine the mint, lime juice, lime zest, oil, rum, agave, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, in a food processor. Pulse until well incorporated. Reserve 2 tablespoons for serving, pour the rest into a medium bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut the onions into 1 inch rounds, then into quarters. Thread the onions and chicken onto separate skewers (save the leftover marinade).
- Grill the chicken for 8 minutes, turn and brush with the leftover marinade and grill until a instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part, register 165F, about 8 minutes more. Grill the onions, turning occasionally, until slightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle the chicken and onions with the remaining 1/4 teaspoons of salt and drizzle with the reserved 2 tablespoons of marinade.
- Serve with lime wedges and more mint.