Pistachio pesto fettuccine
Pistachio pesto fettuccine: Pistachios are one of the most ancient flowering nut trees and are native to the Middle East.
Pistachio nuts can be very expensive so using them to make a pesto will help you make the most out of a small amount. Most pasta dishes served in Italy do not need too many ingredients to make them work. The combination of basil, ricotta and pistachio here makes a creamy sauce that is best suited with fettuccine pasta.
Pistachio pesto fettuccine is very taste and beware … addictive.
Pistachio pesto fettuccine – Ingredients for 4 people:
- 8 – 9 ounces (250 grams) fettuccine
- 200 grams of pistachios
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large basil leaves
- 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese
- Peel the pistachios removing the purple sheath around the nut and discarding it, put the nuts in a bowl with the grated parmesan and basil leaves
- In a food processor, mix and chop everything together then gradually add the oil in a thin slow stream until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Pour the pistachio pesto into a bowl and add the ricotta then fold to mix
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook as instructed.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the pesto.
- Serve immediately.