Roasted Brussel sprouts are easy to prepare and if you prepare too many and have some left over, they are really good served too cold.
How to roast Brussel sprouts: Serves 6
- Brussels sprouts 1 1/2 pounds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.Trim the ends of brown brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Mix them in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a baking dish in a single layer and roast for 35-40 minutes, until crisp outside and tender inside. Shake the pan occasionally to brown evenly sprouts.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt over and serve immediately.