Roasted yellow tomato sauce: We used the Yellow Taxi tomatoes for this sauce sine they are sweet and very juicy and to ensure you keep them that way, try to avoid leaving them in the fridge.
Roasted yellow tomato sauce: Makes up to 2 cups (500 grams)
- 6 – 8 medium yellow tomatoes, cut into 6-8 segments
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 level tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 level tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 185C / 365F.
- Mix the tomato segments of the oil, paprika and salt, then spread the tomato segments in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Bake at the center of the oven for 45 minutes. Turn them once.
- Remove from oven and process to a rough sauce or purée.
- Store in an airtight container either in the fridge or freezer.