We love shrimp and this little recipe for an easy shrimp cocktail, is the perfect party dish or snack. This dish reminds me of what the Brits refer to as ‘Prawn Cocktail‘, but with a beautiful Florida twist.
With the addition of the cream of horseradish to this shrimp cocktail, adding a little heat, and once you taste it with the sauce and shrimp, you will understand exactly what we mean. The blood infused olive oil is one of our products that we use ourselves – a lot! And it is perfect for this dish, adding an aroma that helps to lift the flavour of the oranges.
Shrimp cocktail with orange mayonnaise – Serves 2 – 4
- 1 lb large, cooked shrimp
- Juice and zest of 1 – 2 medium oranges
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream of horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon blood orange infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, roughly chopped
- First grate the zest from the oranges. Now juice the oranges.
- In a mixing bowl, add the orange zest and juice of 1 orange to the mayonnaise, along with the horseradish cream and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the shrimp and the rest of the orange juice and zest.
- Cover both bowls and place in the fridge for up to 1 hour.
- When you are ready to serve, simply bring the two ingredients together and mix to combine.
- Add chopped dill at this stage.
- To serve, drizzled with olive oil.