Zucchini and fresh mint frittata – serves 4:
- 6 medium eggs
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, rougly chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fry the zucchini, onion and mint in a non stick frying pan until the courgette has changed colour. You can do this ahead of time as it will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days. Be careful not to overcook it. (You don’t want mushy zucchini). Season with a little salt.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the cheese. Mix well.
- When the courgettes are ready, add the eggs to the pan.
- Stir for the first minute or so and then wait for the eggs to start to set, shaking the pan from time to time to keep the frittata loose.
- When the eggs have set, turn the frittata with the aid of a plate, and return it to the pan.
- After another couple of minutes cooking, the frittata is ready