Baked potatoes plus a few serving ideas
Although baked potatoes are often served as a side with a knob of butter or sour cream, baked potatoes are great as a lunch or simple dinner.
Here are a few ideas for stuffing a humble baked potato but first, let’s get some cooked.
How to cook baked potatoes
- 8 oz russet or sweet potatoes
- Piece potatoes all over with a fork.
- Microwave on medium, turning once or twice, until soft – about 20 minutes.
- Alternativey, bake at 425 until tender – about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cook.
- Holding the potato with a kitchen towel, make a lengthwise cut to open each potato, but don’t cut all the way through.
- Pinch the ends to expose the inside.
NOTE: You can store your baked potato in the fridge very successfully, for up to 5 days. They will get a little sticky but are perfect for creating potato wedges.
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)