Sour cream and apple pie
The secret to making this delicious recipe for sour cream and apple pie, is to have some Pillsbury pie crusts tucked away in the freezer. Many a time have we been in need of a dessert idea and sprinkling the kitchen with a few essential ingredients takes all that added stress away!
Ingredients for apple and sour cream pie – serves 6 – 8
Crust 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 6 cups 1/4-inch slices peeled baking apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large bowl, beat sour cream, granulated sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and egg with wire whisk until well blended; stir in apples.
- Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix all topping ingredients except butter.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Sprinkle topping over pie. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely on cooling rack, about 2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)