Here is a beautifully simple recipe for a salted caramel dip to melt away all those cares and troubles associated with finding something sweet, quick and easy to serve. Serve it up with slices of fruit like sweet apples, pears or strawberries or the other option would be chips, popcorn and pretzels.
Store this dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator the simply reheat in the microwave for 1 minute or until hot, stirring at 20 second intervals. What could be easier than that!
Sea salted caramel dip
Ingredients – Makes about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz (250 grams) sour cream
- 16 oz light brown sugar
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of coarse sea salt for an extra crunch (optional)
- Over a low heat in a saucepan, add the butter, sour cream and sugar.
- Stir constantly until the sugar has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the pecans and serve.