easy boiled shrimp: We love shrimp in our house and so it’s always handy to have some ready cooked, chilled and available in the fridge – at all times!
There are no amounts to this recipes so feel free to adjust everything to your own taste.
Easy boiled shrimp
- Uncooked shrimp, cleaned and deveined. You can keep those tails on for easy dipping if you like or even keep the shell on. The most important part is to remove the vein and discard it.
- Enough water in a saucepan to cover the shrimp by about 2 inch.
- Seasoning. Here is what we add to our water and you will need to taste the water. Like making a stock, it matters what it tastes like. You need to have it well seasoned:
- Old Bay seasoning
- Salt (or sometimes a few salted capers)
- Lemon or lime juice and zest if you have it
- Onion (or onion powder)
- Celery (or celery powder)
- Prepare the shrimp.
- Add to a pan of cold, seasoned water.
- Prepare a bowl of iced water.
- Begin to cook over a medium to low heat, stirring constantly.
- As the shrimp float, lift them into the bowl of iced water.
- Drain, drizzle with olive oil and season before serving.
Serve with a simple Marie Rose sauce:
- 2 dollops of mayonnaise
- 1 dollop of tomato ketchup
- Some lemon or lime wedges